Enrollment opens May 26. Click here for full details.
SJW is happy to announce a brand-new, all-online summer jazz immersion program! Join us at SJW Jazz Camp Online this summer to learn from some of the best jazz musicians and educators in the business. You’ll improve your instrumental or vocal technique with daily master classes tailored to your particular needs and interests. You’ll open your ears to the sounds and language of jazz in ear training and listening classes. Dig deeper into particular jazz subjects with our library of on-demand video lessons, and get immediate feedback on your progress in daily live class meetings. You’ll meet young jazz musicians from all over the world, and you’ll become part of the fantastic international community of SJW teachers and students.
Whether you’re a jazz master who gets all the solos in your school jazz program, or someone who just wants to explore and experience jazz for the very first time, we have live and on-demand instruction that is designed to help you get to the next level of mastery. We place all Jazz Camp Online students in classes and sessions based on their experience level, so you’ll always get the right level of instruction for your needs.
Here are some of the highlights of SJW Jazz Camp Online.
- Four 40-minute live sessions each day from 10 AM – 6 PM Pacific Standard Time for Full Day participants
- Two 40-minute live sessions each day from 2 PM – 6 PM Pacific Standard Time for Half Day participants
- Master class on your instrument or for voice, for your level
- Jazz Theory (for Full Day participants)
- Special topics on performance, composition, and more (for Full Day participants)
Also included each week:
- One private lesson with one of our legendary faculty artists
- Additional private lessons available for an extra fee
- Practice parties
- Jazz history listening sessions
- Panel discussions
- Access to our online library of on-demand jazz class content
- Time to practice and absorb what you’ve learned
Enroll for two weeks, and we’ll place you in classes at a more advanced level your second week.
Tuition: $475 per week of full-day sessions; $275 per week of half-day sessions. Tuition can be paid on a sliding scale.
One private lesson is included, and additional private lessons are available for an extra fee.
Check back for more information soon.