Volunteer with Stanford Jazz Workshop
Our volunteers are a group of dedicated and loyal individuals without whom our programs would not be possible. They give their time and bring a positive energy and enthusiasm to all Stanford Jazz Workshop programs and performances.
We are looking for volunteers to provide assistance with:
- Ushering and ticket taking at concerts
- Summer camp program registration
- Distributing promotional materials
- Merchandise sales
- Survey response data entry
- Special events and projects
- Artist transportation
In return, our volunteers are rewarded with tickets to the Stanford Jazz Festival and an annual volunteer party. Volunteering with SJW is an incredible opportunity to support the arts and to meet and work with a great group of people.
How to get involved
- Fill out the form on this page, and click “submit.” Once you complete the form you will be added to our database and contacted as soon as volunteer opportunities are available.
- Download the Volunteer Event Sign-up List. You will then have the opportunity to choose the summer concerts and events you’d like to volunteer for. Many shows are very popular and volunteer spaces fill up quickly. We give priority placement to those who also sign up for registration days, showcase concerts, receptions, and/or help with artist driving. If you are a couple and wish to volunteer together please complete two individual sign-up forms and clearly indicate on the sign up form that you prefer to volunteer together.
- Return Volunteer Sign-Up Form by June 1 (if possible) and return it via email, fax, or surface mail to, email@example.com, fax , Stanford Jazz Workshop, Attn: Janel Patton, PO Box 20454, Stanford, CA 94309.
- By June 15 we will confirm all volunteer schedules and email you your individual schedule for the summer. Please review all the events you are scheduled to work and let us know right away if you need us to change your schedule in any way.
- Mark your calendar and plan to attend our volunteer welcome party and orientation on Tuesday, June 20, in the Campbell Courtyard of Braun Music Center from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Download the Volunteer Handbook, and get familiar with our volunteer procedures before you arrive for your first assignment.
- Tell all your friends to become volunteers, too!