Updated November 16, 2023
Stanford Jazz Workshop Safety Guidelines
The safety and comfort of participants are of the utmost importance to Stanford Jazz Workshop. To help ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, please observe the following guidelines:
- Safety first: If you sense a threat to your safety or the safety of others, notify a staff or faculty member immediately. In an emergency, call 911.
- If you have a problem, talk to your teacher or come to the SJW office, which will be in Braun Music Center, Room 232B, on the Stanford campus. If you have a problem with a teacher, talk to a staff member at the SJW main office.
- After dark, walk in groups on well-lighted pathways. Be aware of your surroundings and avoid talking on cell phones or listening to headphones while walking.
- Participants ages 17 adn under are expected to remain on the Stanford University campus while SJW classes are in session.
- Stanford Jazz Workshop will not be responsible for minor participants who are not dorm residents after the end of daily classes.
COMMUNITY CONDUCT GUIDELINES
The following conduct guidelines must be observed in order to maintain an environment conducive to learning and enjoyment:
- Conflicts must be resolved in a peaceful and orderly manner; fighting is grounds for immediate dismissal from SJW programs.
- Non-emergency cell phone use is not permitted in class; all devices must be set to silent mode or turned off while participants are in classes and performances.
- Faculty and staff are to be respected, just as participants are to respect each other.
STANFORD JAZZ WORKSHOP POLICIES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
Any participant may be dismissed for any of the following reasons:
- Stealing or vandalizing property
- Possessing weapons or illicit drugs of any kind
- Bullying, hazing, or sexual harassment
- Viewing pornography or any inappropriate material on the internet
- Using inappropriate language: swearing, slurs, insults, etc.
- Undermining or threatening the safety or well-being of themselves or others
- Possessing or use of tobacco or alcohol
SJW PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
SJW has the right to dismiss any individual from a program if their actions or attitudes are deemed detrimental as set forth in the sets of guidelines above. There shall be no refunds issued in the case of such dismissal.