In This Issue
At Stanford Jazz Workshop, we are not just teaching music. We are shaping lives and creating opportunities for our students to learn critical skills that will help them succeed well beyond their time with us at SJW. We can’t do this work without you. As an SJW supporter, you provide vital support that enables us to sustain and increase the number and quality of opportunities we are able to offer to the next generation of jazz performers and listeners.
Click here to support our work by making a donation today.
You can now register for our spring and summer jazz immersion programs! Don’t forget to register by February 1, 2015 to receive the $50 Early Bird discount. Need help deciding which program is right for you or your child? Visit the links below to read about each program.
- Giant Steps Day Camp for middle school students offers a fun week of learning jazz styles and improvisation in big band and small group settings. No audition is required for admission, but students will be evaluated in advance to determine class placement.
- Jazz Camp is for musicians aged 12 – 17, and provides a fun, encouraging environment in which to get immersed in jazz improvisation and combo playing. No audition is required for admission, but students will be evaluated in advance to determine class placement.
- 2-Week Jazz Comprehensive provides 13 days of structured instruction in jazz improvisation, jazz performance, and instrumental and vocal mastery. No audition is required for admission, but students will be evaluated in advance to determine class placement.
- Jazz Institute gives instrumentalists and vocalists a chance to work with the greatest jazz artists of our time. Auditions are required only for first-time applicants to the Vocal Program and for first-time instrumental applicants aged 17 or younger. All students will be evaluated in advance for class placement.
- 2-Week Jazz Advanced Intensive for experienced high school musicians offers the best of both worlds: the structured curriculum of Jazz Camp and direct contact with the top jazz artists at the Jazz Institute. Auditions are required.
- Giant Steps Jazz Singers gives middle school singers a fantastic introduction to ensemble singing and vocal improvisation.
Don’t forget, financial aid is available. Click here to learn more about financial aid.