Grammy-winning jazz bassist and vocalist to perform at Bing Concert Hall, August 6, 8 p.m.
- Ticket prices for shows in Bing Concert Hall range from $25 to $105. A limited number of $25 tickets are available for students only; students must provide student ID at the door.
- For tickets or refunds, call 650-725-2787.
Stanford, CA—June 20, 2016: Grammy-winning bassist and vocalist Esperanza Spalding will appear in concert at the Stanford Jazz Festival on Saturday, August 6, in Bing Concert Hall. Esperanza will replace Bobby McFerrin, who has had to cancel his involvement in the Stanford Jazz Festival due to heath concerns.
This special performance, entitled Esperanza Spalding Meets SJW, will be the final show of the 2016 Stanford Jazz Festival. Appearing with Esperanza will be SJW faculty artists Taylor Eigsti, Julian Lage, Tupac Mantilla, Linda Oh, and Ambrose Akinmusire, for an astonishing evening of vocal and instrumental exploration and interplay, as all of these young virtuosos are among the most open and creative voices in jazz today.
- Tickets for the Bobby McFerrin show will be honored at the Esperanza Spalding concert on August 6. There will be no changes in show time, pricing, or seating. If you have tickets for Bobby McFerrin, you don’t need to do anything. Just bring your tickets to the Esperanza Spalding concert.
- Ticket holders for the Bobby McFerrin show may obtain a refund for the price of the tickets and associated fees for this event by contacting the Stanford Ticket Office by phone at 650-725-2787, or in person by visiting the Stanford Ticket Office Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. You can also obtain a refund by replying to your original ticket receipt email.
- The deadline for refunds is Friday, July 8.
- The Bobby McFerrin show on August 6 had sold out; there may be additional seats available for Esperanza Spalding on the same date.
Jazz fans can purchase tickets to all other Stanford Jazz Festival concerts by phone at 650-725-2787, online at www.stanfordjazz.org, and in person at the Stanford Ticket Office, located on the second floor of the Tresidder Union. Complete lineup and details are available at www.stanfordjazz.org. For more information, call 650-736-0324.
The Stanford Jazz Festival is presented by the jazz education nonprofit Stanford Jazz Workshop, a 501(c)(3) organization, in conjunction with presenting sponsor See’s Candies. The Stanford Jazz Workshop has been bringing the best in jazz to local audiences and jazz musicians through both the festival and its jazz education programs for youth and adults for 43 years.
The Stanford Jazz Workshop’s performances are made possible by the generous support of the Stanford Department of Music. Stanford Jazz Festival performances in Bing Concert Hall this summer are made possible in part by support from Stanford Live.
SJW gratefully acknowledges the following 2016 Festival sponsors for their important support: See’s Candies, Palo Alto Weekly, KCSM 91.1 Jazz, Bay Area News Group, Sheraton Palo Alto, The Westin, Lagunitas Brewing Company, Cannonball Wine, Stanford Coffee House (CoHo), City National Bank, Western States Arts Federation, and the Western Jazz Presenters Network.
Special thanks to our major institutional partners The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.