https://stanfordjazz.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/SJW50_v2_Logo_Color-Horizontal-300x100.png 0 0 Michael Kelly https://stanfordjazz.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/SJW50_v2_Logo_Color-Horizontal-300x100.png Michael Kelly2014-08-01 07:36:352015-01-06 14:08:13Jazz Camp Week 2 Showcase schedule and other info
Tonight’s the night! The Jazz Camp Week 3 Showcase will feature nearly 200 rising stars of jazz performing on four stages. How do you find out who is performing on which stage at which time? Download the Jazz Camp Showcase schedule here, then read below to find out how to interpret the schedule.
Here’s how the schedule is organized:
- Jazz Camp participants are listed alphabetically by last name
- The center column indicates combos that rehearse in the early afternoon, which are known as “early combos”
- The right column indicates combos that rehearse in the late afternoon, which are known as “late combos”
- Vocalists will perform in Braun Rehearsal Hall, Room 110, and their performance order is indicated in the center column
The numbers indicate the order in which the combos perform on a particular stage:
- If your combo or vocalist is indicated as “05”, that means they will be the fifth to perform.
- Performances begin at 7 p.m. on Dinkelspiel, Campbell, and Braun Rehearsal Hall; performances on the Outdoor Stage begin at 6 p.m.
- Each performance takes approximately 12 – 15 minutes, so a combo slated to perform fifth on the Dinkelspiel stage would begin at between 8 and 8:15 p.m.
- A combo slated to perform eighth (08) on the Outdoor stage would begin at between 7: 30 and 7:45 p.m.
- Vocal performances take approximately 5 minutes, so a vocalist slated to perform fourth in Braun Rehearsal Hall, Room 110, would begin at approximately 7:15.
Friends and Family Dinner
If you’re purchased tickets for the Friends and Family Dinner, you can pick them up in front of Tresidder Union, directly across from Dinkelspiel Auditorium, at 5:30 p.m.
New this year: Combo photos
Following each combo’s performance, the performers will proceed to our new Photo Station next to Dinkelspiel Auditorium to have a band portrait taken. Photo prints and downloads will be available for sale online following the Showcase.