Placement recording information
Have a couple years of experience with jazz improvisation?
Don’t have much experience with improvisation yet?
Wait! I have no experience with improvisation at all!
DEADLINE: August 28
Watch this video to see how easy it is to create and submit your placement audition recording.
Music Theory placement evaluation information
- All students registered for Miles Ahead Jazz Online are required to submit a music theory for best placement results into classes. If you’ve recently attended Jazz Camp Online, you do NOT need to re-submit a theory evaluation.
- Click here to take the theory evaluation online!
The theory placement evaluation will cover the following topics:
- Note and rhythm identification
- Major scales and key signatures
- Seventh chords
- Modal and non-major scales
- Chord function and progressions
Deadline: August 28
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact Camp Director, Steven Lugerner, at x309 or by e-mail at email@example.com.