Swinging jazz joy.
Ken Peplowski and Ehud Asherie
Swinging jazz joy.
Woodwind master Ken Peplowski has an encyclopedic knowledge of jazz and its history, as well as a virtuosic command of every jazz idiom there is. When Peplowski is paired with a great pianist with corresponding enthusiasm and depth, the partnership leads to a performance imbued with the pure joy of spontaneous creation. Originally scheduled to perform with Dick Hyman, who has had to withdraw due to health concerns, Ken has enlisted a longtime collaborator and a genuine Dick Hyman protégé, Ehud Asherie, to take Hyman’s place. For several years, the two have performed frequently together, and Asherie is well-versed in supporting Peplowski’s uncanny facility and gorgeous tone to make every solo a memorable work of art. With a shared sense of humor that runs very deep, the pair is certain to serve up a performance that is as exhilarating as it is entertaining.
Ken Peplowski, clarinet and saxophone
Ehud Asherie, piano
Wednesday, July 5
Campbell Recital Hall
$15 / $50
NOTICE TO TICKETHOLDERS
Ehud is substituting for Dick Hyman, who was originally scheduled to perform, but had to cancel due to health concerns. Ehud is a protégé of Dick, and he is taking over Dick’s touring schedule until Dick has recovered.
- If you purchased tickets to see Dick Hyman and Ken Peplowski, and you would like to see Ken Peoplowski with Ehud Asherie, your original ticket is still valid and you do not need to do anything.
- To request a refund, please contact the Stanford Ticket Office Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., in person or by calling650-725-2787. You may also reply directly to your email confirmation and request a refund.
- All refunds will be processed to the card originally used to purchase the ticket(s).
- Refunds will be for the changed event and fees associated for that event only.
- Deadline for requesting refunds is Friday, June 30.
- SJW members at the Inner Circle level may request an exchange for tickets to a concert later in the season, subject to availability. Additional charges may apply.
Deadline for requesting refunds and exchanges is Friday, June 30.