Program Coordinator Assistant
During Stanford Jazz Workshop’s summer programs, Program Coordinator Assistants are responsible for supporting both the Faculty Director (Steven Lugerner) and Artistic Director (Jim Nadel) with every-day tasks for the Education Department to provide a positive experience for all students and faculty.
This summer, SJW will hire two Program Coordinator Assistants. One coordinator will be scheduled to work approximately 8:30am-3:30pm during the summer workshop, the other coordinator will be scheduled in the evenings between approximately 6pm-10pm. The work schedule will run from Sunday through Friday (July 6—31). Applicants will be required to provide their own housing and transportation to/from Stanford Campus. The summer schedule and exact hours of employment are subject to change.
Applicants who are available to work earlier in the year, in May or June, should indicate this on their application. SJW will look to hire and prioritize applicants who can be available earlier in the summer. During these months, applicants would be required to travel to/from SJW’s offices in San Francisco’s Inner Sunset neighborhood.
Applicants who are not chosen for the Program Coordinator Assistants position may be considered to join SJW’s volunteer internship program.
Responsibilities for (daytime) Program Coordinator Assistant
- Manage attendance / taking roll at the beginning of each class period
- Help identify, manage, and respond to class issues – missing students/teachers, missing equipment
- Assist with and manage archiving / filming classes and lectures
- Assist with filming and editing of video content for SJW’s social media / development
- Oversee all fakebook / education materials inventory and distribution
- Order and deliver lunch for faculty members who play the noon concert
- Order and deliver lunch for faculty meetings during Jazz Camp & Institute
- Organize Archive process and digitization w/ PAs or volunteers
- Organize/Manage incoming SJW teaching materials on DropBox
Responsibilities for (evening) Program Coordinator Assistant
- Assist with data collection and entry for JC/JI placement evaluations
- Assist with daily creation and printing of student / faculty schedules
- Assist with posting announcements and materials around Braun Music Center
- Assist with combo data collection for scheduling student performances
- Assist with final student concert(s) scheduling
- Assist with distributing awards, emcee documents, and other documents at student performances
- Coordinate materials and assembly of red “welcome to camp” folders for students & faculty (starting before each camp week)
- Assist with execution of Sunday registration days
- Assist with coordinating student jam sessions both during Jazz Camp & Institute
- Assist with coordination of ground transportation for artists & faculty
- Help coordinate the execution of final student performances
- Input Ben / Blues Contest entrees into Sibelius
- At least six-months to one-year administrative experience, preferably relating to education or the
- Superb verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including artists, office and technical staff, volunteers, and program participants (ages 12-80) and
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong computer proficiency (with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Sibelius, Finale, Excel, and Filemaker Pro or other database applications).
- Experience with cinematography / video editing
- Ability to quickly familiarize self with our programs and describe them in detail to inquiring
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, take initiative, and be proactive with attention to detail.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, can-do
- Personal experience with music camp — and experience as a musician — is a huge plus!
SJW will hire two Program Coordinator Assistants this summer at $15.40 per hour. SJW will not be responsible for providing housing or meals during employment. Applicants who are not chosen for the Program Coordinator Assistant position may be considered to join SJW’s volunteer internship program.
About Stanford Jazz Workshop
Stanford Jazz Workshop is a 48-year-old independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the perpetuation of jazz music through educational programs and concerts of the highest artistic quality. SJW’s mission is to create an environment that is conducive to learning, experiencing, and appreciating jazz — a community created by bringing the best performers and teachers of jazz together with listeners and students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. For more information, please see https://stanfordjazz.org.
Send your application, résumé and a cover letter to the following address by mail, email, or fax. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.
Address: Stanford Jazz Workshop; PO Box 20454; Stanford, CA 94309 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (650) 856-4155
Summer Camp Intern